Best Low Profile Electronic Hearing Protection in 2022
Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact Sport Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff, Classic Green (R-01526)
Caldwell E-Max - ADULT Green - Low Profile Electronic 23 NRR Hearing Protection with Sound Amplification - Adjustable Earmuffs for Shooting, Hunting and Range
- SPECS: Experience high quality stereo sound while confidently protecting your hearing with 23 NRR (Noise Reduction Rating).
- COMFORTABLE: Featuring an adjustable headband and padded ear cups, you’ll find a custom fit to ensure proper noise cancellation and hearing protection. A slender, low profile design provides a closer cheek weld, allowing for more accurate shooting.
- EASE OF USE: Runs on 2 AAA batteries (not included).
- FEATURES: Dual microphones in each ear provide directional clarity, amplifying sounds below 85dB to the ideal volume with push button controls. Includes an audio jack for connectivity.
- CONVENIENT: With a compact design, Caldwell folding muffs easily fit in your range bag.
Shooting Ear Protection Electronic Shooting Earmuffs Ultimate Combat Design
- The aim to design this ear protection. These are very cool-looking earmuffs, in which we use a new internal chip, after studying the current problems of earmuffs on the market in US, we improved our product. And designed with stereo sound, the sound heard through internal amplifiers is very stereo, realistic and clear, and can also identify the location of the sound. Hope we can offer all the shooting amateur perfect tactical equipment and give all tactical enthusiasts a more perfect experience.
- Paint with Japan imported painting, has better protection, can prevent damage to the surface, no fade after long time exposure under the irradiation of UV. The volume control button is designed vertically, more difficult than horizontal design, more convenient to users. Can adjust the amplification effect according to your needs, can better adapt to different occasions. Muffs are fully sealed by modeled without flue, has better noise reduction. Only the high-end earmuffs can do this.
- Use electronic compression noise reduction, noise reduction rating is 23 db, can help you lower noise exposure by 23 db when shooting or at a noise environment. Help you hear regular sound or slight sound while protecting your hearing. Most of the normal tactical noise cancelling earmuffs can do this, but ours can greatly amplify the normal sound while maintaining the same noise cancelling function. Besides, it is a difficult technique to amplify the without distortion.
- We use good chip and expensive MP3 earphone cable. When you plug in the shooting ear protection to play music, you will hear good sound quality, the sound quality may not as good as the premium music earmuffs, but compared with other electronic shooting earmuffs, our earmuffs are much better. This ELITE hearing protection is the only one retains all these 4 important advantages on under $80 earmuffs market.
- If it is your first time to purchase professional ear protection for shooting, you can buy ours together with others and try both. If you already own other US electronic shooting earmuffs, we highly recommend you to try ours. While using them, you would find that ours are completely different from others. Besides, if you have any problems, please contact us, we'll be glad to help you.
Electronic Shooting Ear Protection Muff | ZOHAN Sound Amplification Noise Reduction Hunting Earmuff - NRR 22dB -OD Green
- ※The ZOHAN EM054 shooting ear protection features ultra low-profile ear cups, with compact design. It is very easy to store & carry. And the electronic muff is perfect for shooting range and hunting
- ※KEY FEATURES: ►Slim& lightweight design ►Rubberized coating surface ►2 Omnidirectional microphone ►Audio input jack ►Operates on 2 AAA batteries - NOT included ►Sound dampening composite housing ►Ergonomics design volume control knob ►Snap-in ear cushion
- ※ ANSI S3.19-1974 CERTIFIED by US standard. ;CE EN352-1; EN352-4, EN352-6 CERTIFIED by European standard
- ※ Caution: indoor range should always have double up ear protection for most low profile styles (including this one ). because it’s just too darn loud in there. So we suggest that just double up with ear plug in the insides of your muffs when you are at indoor range
- ※Backed by ZOHAN 1-YEAR-WARRANTY. Besides, If you have any questions, suggestions, or issues, please feel free to contact us. Our professional customer service team will respond within 24 hours
Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolt Digital Electronic Shooting Earmuff, Gray
- LIGHTNING-FAST ATTACK TIME: Digital compression circuitry offers a .5 millisecond attack time (250X faster than the classic Impact Sport) to compress any noise that exceeds a safe 82 dB; NRR 22
- 5X SOUND AMPLIFICATION: Enhances low level frequencies like range commands, conversation with fellow shooters and animal noises; ideal for indoor & outdoor shooting, and hunting in the field
- RECESSED MICROPHONES: Reduces wind noise while providing clear, directional sound; allows the user to easily identify a sound’s origin which is a great benefit to hunters in the field
- SLIM DESIGN: Low profile earcup with rifle cutaways for gun stock clearance allow use in any shooting environment; adjustable, padded headband for comfort; folds for easy storage; water-resistant
- INCLUDES: Belt clip, extra earcup cushions, 2 AAA batteries, AUX input and 3.5 mm connection cord for MP3s and scanners; 4-hour auto shut-off increases battery life (approx. 150 hours)
Walker's GWP-RSEMPAT-FDE Electronic Muffs
- Hunting range gear hearing protection muffs
- Made of the highest quality materials
- Another great Walker's product
Howard Leight by Honeywell R-01526-PK2 2-Pack Impact Sport Sound Amplification Electronic Earmuff, Classic Green (R-01526-PK2), Classic Green
- Built-in directional microphones amplify range commands and other ambient sounds to a safe 82dB, providing more natural listening and enhanced communication
- Actively listens and automatically shuts off amplification when ambient sound reaches 82 dB; Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 22
- Features low profile earcups for firearm stock clearance; adjustable headband for secure fit; compact folding design for convenient storage; classic green color
- Each includes AUX input and 3.5mm connection cord for MP3 players and scanners
- Each includes 2 AAA batteries; automatic shut-off feature after 4 hours increases battery life
- Average Battery Life: 350 hours
Caldwell E-Max Low Profile Electronic 23 NRR Hearing Protection w/ Sound Amplification and Adjustable Earmuffs for Shooting, Hunting and Range, Shooting Glasses
- COMFORTABLE: Padded headband and adjustable cushioned ear cups allows for a snug fit to ensure proper noise cancellation and protection. The low-profile design allows for a closer fit against your rifle for more accuracy and comfort
- HEARING PROTECTION: 23 NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) amplifies low sounds (below 85dB) and compresses high noises (above 85dB) to create the perfect range experience
- SHOOTING GLASSES: Shooting glasses feature an adjustable nosepiece and temples and block out 99.9% of UV rays (Glasses meet ANSI Z87.1 standards)
- CONVENIENT: The lightweight designed muffs and the glasses are impact resistant and fold compact for transport.
- EASE OF USE: Runs on 2 AAA Batteries (not included) with adjustable volume control and an audio jack for a phone or MP3 player
awesafe Electronic Shooting Earmuff, Noise Reduction Sound Amplification Electronic Safety Ear Muffs, Ear Protection, NRR 22 dB, Ideal for Shooting and Hunting, Grey
- Features low profile earcups for firearm stock clearance; adjustable headband for secure fit
- AUX input and 3.5 mm connection to external radios, mp3, phone etc. Operates on 2 'AAA' batteries (Included)
- Built-in Omni-directional microphones increase or reduce environmental voices when the sound is over 82dB, providing enhanced communication for hunting, shooting, etc. Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 22
- The awesafe electronic shooting Earmuff is very convenient for your daily life, you just need to fold it up and put it in your own suitcase, backpack, ammo box
- awesafe Electronic Shooting earmuff Quality Guaranteed: 5 years on the electronic.
Peltor Sport Tactical 300 Electronic Hearing Protector
- NRR: 24 dB noise reduction rating
- IDEAL FOR both indoor and outdoor shooters and hunters
- DYNAMIC SUPPRESSION TIME measures the energy in gunshot noise and automatically sets suppression time for reduced echoes and increased comfort
- CLEAR VOICE TRACKING seeks voice within background noise and actively filters noise for improved speech intelligibility
- DURABLE RECESSED MICROPHONES prevent damage and reduce wind noise
- VENTED HEADBAND adjustable, improves comfort when worn with hats
- RUNS ON 2 AAA BATTERIES (not included)
An Overview of Hearing Aids
An informative guide for people who need more information about hearing aids.
There are many different types of hearing aid devices and there is literally almost a way to restore hearing in almost every case. This guide is only for informational purposes and an audiologist should make any official diagnosis and recommendations for treatment.
To begin a BTE device is a Behind The Ear hearing aid device that is made with a hard plastic case that is worn much as the name suggests, behind the ear. Sound travels from the hard case to a small mold inside the ear. While this device for hearing is not always fashionable, it is ideal for use in persons suffering from hearing loss at any age.
Then you have ITE or In The Ear devices which fit entirely over the outer ear. The in The Ear hearing devices are ideal for moderate to severe hearing loss.
ITC means an In the Canal hearing aid device. These types of hearing aids are designed to fit the shape of your ear canal. In the Ear devices are different from CIC or Completely in the Canal devices. CIC devices are small and discreet but with that comes a very limited performance, this type of hearing aid is recommended for mild cases of hearing loss.
Analog hearing aid devices are designed to enhance and amplify electrical signals that are then converted to a sound wave. Analog hearing aid devices are designed and customized to meet the specific needs of each user.
Finally Digital Hearing Aids are intended to focus on the volume or pitch of a sound. These types of hearing aids are intended to recognize sounds from specific directions and must be programmed by an audiologist to meet the specific needs of the user.
With so many different types of hearing aid devices available there is no reason a person should miss out on the small things in life like a good conversation or the sound of birds chirping. There is no shame in losing your hearing and there are many ways to help a person restore their precious sense of sound. I hope this short guide has helped you understand some of the common terms associated with hearing aid devices.
Information within this article was gathered from several sources.
* The Mayo Clinic